Skip Navigation Links Home » Quality Schools » Deferred Maintenance Grants

Deferred Maintenance & Energy Efficiency Improvement Grants

Judith Gap School, Wheatland County
Judith Gap School, Wheatland County

About School Distribution Grants

Montana Reinvestment Act (HB645), which implements the federal American Recovery Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 to Montana Schools, made $20 million available to school districts via the Quality Educator Formula. This money could be used for deferred maintenance and energy improvements and was spent by September 30, 2010. To view the amount your school received, please refer to the Quality Educator Formula Distribution Sheet.

The Montana Department of Commerce contracted with school districts for the award amount calculated by the Office of Public Instruction in the Quality Educator Formula. Schools received 90% of the award amount up front, and received the remaining 10% at the final project close out.

If you have questions regarding the Deferred Maintenance & Energy Efficiency Improvement Grants of 2009, please call the Quality Schools Team at 406-841-2770.  You may be asked to reference your School Facility Finance (SFF) Contract Number.